Re: Stolen MGB

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stolen MGB
From: "Doug Wilson" <wilsondf@home.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 12:27:24 -0500

When I repaired the floors and sills on my 76B I discovered a "hidden VIN".
The vin had been punched there by the factory.

I don't think it would be a good idea to reveal on the list where it is
located.  An Auto Theft Investigator with a large police department (member
of the International Auto Theft Investigators Association) has access to a
list of the secret vin locations of most cars. So do Auto Theft Insurance
Investigators.

I did hide some business cards in my car too. Good idea.

Doug, 76 B Ottawa Canada.