RE: Stolen MGB

To: "Gordon Bird" <gordonbird@flashmail.com>, "MG List"
Subject: RE: Stolen MGB
From: "Jack Levy" <jack@cocoinc.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 06:38:58 -0500
This sounds like a great idea. The detective on the case explained that if
they can't prove something is stolen in a case it's not worth pursuing, if
you don't have a serial number and a receipt it's hard to prove it's yours
and not an identical twin to yours. My air tools were not take from the
shop, now I know why, they all had my name and date I bought them inscribed
on them with an engraver. The engraver was a few bucks, you could put your
initials on the block in a hidden place, inner part of the wheel, tranny,
even if they part it out you still have proof (provided they don't find out)

Jack Levy