Re: To Tube or Not to Tube

To: mg-t@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: To Tube or Not to Tube
From: Bulwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 17:27:52 -0600
I must be living on borrowed time.  I have had tubeless radials on my TD
since 1973 and nary a flat or sudden deflation.  The tires don't loose
air any faster over the winter than my 240Z.  I even auto crossed it for
two summers.  Of course I use about 24 psi in the tires rather than the
18 specified in the manuals.  Right now, I have no plans on changing.

Question: Can anyone verify from actual experience or observation a
sudden deflation of a tubeless tire used without tubes on rims made
before the advent of tubeless?  Auto crossing or racing events are
excepted.

Blake