Re: MGB Air cleaner fitment

To: LBCarCoMail@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGB Air cleaner fitment
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 18:36:36 -0500 (EST)
FYI, rather than my cutdown filter solution, Eric at British Racing Green
suggested, like Jeff, the conical filters  but since I already had
the others, I
couldn't see my way to spending yet more money on filters when so many
other tasks remain to be done.

Bill
'76B

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001 LBCarCoMail@aol.com
wrote:

> Larry,
>
> I would think that one could use the conical airclearners from K & N or the
> 1.5inch chrome filter and housing again from K & N.,  Both are a much smaller
> profile.
>
> Jeff
>
> In a message dated 2/11/01 1:44:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> larryhoy@prodigy.net writes:
>
> << Subj:     MGB Air cleaner fitment
>  Date:  2/11/01 1:44:13 PM Eastern Standard Time
>  From:  larryhoy@prodigy.net (Larry Hoy)
>  Sender:    owner-mgs@autox.team.net
>  To:    mgs@autox.team.net (MG list)
>
>  I'm asking this question for a friend.  He has a rubber bumper MGB.
> Recently he changed the ZS carb for twin SUs.  His car is
>  fitted with a power brake booster.  It seems that the clearance between the
> SUs and the brake booster is much to close for any
>  traditional air cleaner system.
>
>  What have any of you done to resolve this problem.
>
>  If you have pictures, or web addresses that would be helpful too.
>
>  Larry Hoy

Bill Saidel           (856) 225-6336
Dept. of Biology      (856) 225-6312 FAX
Science Building      E-Mail: saidel@crab.rutgers.edu
Rutgers University
315 Penn Street
Camden, NJ 08102-1411
USA
For more information about my science, check
      http://crab.rutgers.edu/~saidel/saidel.html

"Sacred cows make divine hamburgers."