F1 content

To: "Larry B. Macy" <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: F1 content
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 08:34:39 -0600
"Larry B. Macy" wrote:

> Anybody know who the Amurikan TV broadcasts are coming from. I really really
> hope it ain't Speedvision. Last I heard it was up in the air.
>
> Larry

   Opinions are interesting things.  I was just hoping that SpeedVision
WOULD get the F1 contract.  I went back and watched a race from
'97 when ESPN2 had the contract.  It was TERRIBLE.  The announcers
knew all but nothing about F1 and the commercial breaks we inserted
with no concern for the race what-so-ever.  They also joined one 'live' F1
race late, missing the start, because an frikin' Craftsman Truck Series
interview session (read: get the sponsor's logos on TV) hadn't ended.
   I respect your opinion Larry but would like to know what you DON'T
like about the SV coverage.

Rick Lindsay -- Sam Posey fan
'79 Ferrari 308GTB (toy
'70 MGB-GT (soon to be daily driver