Re: Carb problems

To: "Tom Wagner" <twagner@pdq.net>, "mg" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carb problems
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 11:32:34 -0000
With the engine switched off, if the piston does not fully fall with a
metallic 'clink' as it does so when raised and lowered by hand then you need
to centralise the jet as mentioned.

If it does fall properly, and it is only raised when the engine is running,
the throttle buttterfly is not closing for some reason.  Slacken all
linkages on the throttle and choke bars - which is what you should do to
setup the carbs anyway - and if that fixes it then proceed with a full setup
from there.

If the problem is still evident then the butterfly is not seating properly
in the carb body, or if you have them, the poppet valve is not seating
properly.  For the former try slackening and retightening the screws that
fit the butterfly to the spindle.  For the latter try soldering them shut.

PaulH.