Carb problems

To: "mg" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb problems
From: "Tom Wagner" <twagner@pdq.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 22:02:46 -0600
To the Great Knowledge of this list:

I have a 67 MGB and on Sat. replaced a
SU 4 jet that was leaking on front carb.
When I went to rebalance the carbs, I
am now not able to reset the rear carb.

When looking at the pistons I notice that the
rear carbs piston is higher than the front carbs
piston at idle.

I also can not get the idle to set below 1500-2000
even with the screws back all the way out on both
carbs.

Before taking on this little project the car ran great
and idled around the 800-1000 rpms and sounded
great.  One final item is that the piston will move
up and then fall back down, but I can not force the
piston to come down even close to the front carb.

Can anyone suggest where to look to start to troubleshoot
this problem?????