Easy to screw WAY up

To: mjanacek@snet.net
Subject: Easy to screw WAY up
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 15:22:47 -0600
Hello Gang,
  Last evening I started looking into a wiring problem that
has kept me from starting my B-GT up after a rebuild.
I decided that it was <probably> a problem in the ignition
switch so for testing, I just by-passed it by adding a jumper
at the fuse box.  What I didn't remember was that when I
installed the jumper, the fuel pump started -- and the fuel
line was just laying out across the floor from where I was
preparing to test the pump!  Yes, I pumped a dangerous
quantity of gasoline out onto the garage floor before I heard
the pump running and realized what was up.  A good flush
with water cleaned up the mess but it could have been
disaster BIG TIME.  Kinda brings home the idea that there
are real dangers associated with these toys that we tend to
forget.  Lucky this time,  VERY careful next time.

Lucky Rick Lindsay
Diamond Geoscience Research
5727 S. Lewis Ave., Tulsa, OK
Voice: +1 918-747-3456