'77 B motor and non-OD gearbox in Santa Barbara, CA

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: '77 B motor and non-OD gearbox in Santa Barbara, CA
From: "Jeffrey Barteet" <jeffrey.barteet@openwave.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 15:26:52 -0800
Hi, Folks,

I bought a TR4 a few years back after a succession of MGBs.

I didn't know at the time people were so polarized MG \ Triumph, so you'll
have to forgive a TR guy for being in your midst.

( They're all just LBCs to me )

Anyway, I have some chunks of MGB laying around that I need to get rid of so
I can fill the spaces with chunks of TR4.

I have a drive train out of a '77 B. 18V motor w/good smog head and a non-OD
gearbox. Sorry, the whole intake\exhaust setup is gone. It's a complete long
block with the head off, and a non-OD gearbox. That's it. If you wanted to
build up a 2 liter motor while driving around your B, here's your chance.

I was told it was a low-mileage car that got whacked. The guy I got it from
had divested himself of Bs as well.

I just want these parts gone. I'll give 'em to anybody who can come an get
'em.

I don't want to fool around with shipping. You have to come here.

It's all or nuthin', so, no, you can't just have the head, gearbox, etc.

:^)

In return, I'd LOVE a pair of rebuildable HS6 carbs, but if not, come and
get this stuff anyway.

Please send me an email if you are interested.

Please DON'T email me if you're NOT interested or unable to come to Santa
Barbara, CA in a small truck to get these parts.

No flakes, please. I'm busy.

I'll be out of town next week. Send an email to me and I'll write back.

Thanks,

-jeffrey