Re: haynes v shop manual

To: "Garner, Joseph P." <JPGarner@UCDavis.Edu>
Subject: Re: haynes v shop manual
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 10:16:15 -0500 (EST)
Joe,

Don't know what the manuals said so wHen I fairly blindly removed
the ZS carb for replacement, I found
some leakage for about 2-3" when measured in the radiator.

As you found out, the hot water choke will leak.

I took advantage of the down time by draining the system, removing the
radiator, and had it rechorded, painted,
and a drain valve installed, all for <35$.

Bill
'76B
On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Garner, Joseph
P. wrote:

> hi guys
>
> (79' MGB - incidentally)
>
> According to the haynes manual you need to drain the coolant before removing
> the carb. According to the shop manual you don't. Any tips or advice?
>
> last time I tinkered with the autochoke i had a jam-jar handy and collected
> the small amount of coolant that siphoned out when i pulled the hose, which
> was a little bit messier than i anticipated. I live by a "if it ain't broke
> don't fix it" policy which leaves me wary of draining the coolant
> unnecessarily.
>
> and advice?
>
> thanks.
>
> Joe
>

> ___________________________
>
> Dr. Joseph Garner
> University of California
> Department of Animal Science
> One Shields Avenue
> Davis
> CA 95616
> USA
>
> Phone: (530) 752 1253

Dr. Bill Saidel       (856) 225-6336
Dept. of Biology      (856) 225-6312 FAX
Science Building      E-Mail: saidel@crab.rutgers.edu
Rutgers University
315 Penn Street
Camden, NJ 08102-1411
USA
For more information about my science, check
      http://crab.rutgers.edu/~saidel/saidel.html

"Sacred cows make divine hamburgers."