Re: haynes v shop manual

To: "Bill Saidel" <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Subject: Re: haynes v shop manual
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 08:07:06 -0800
Bill,

If, by "rechorded" you mean re-cored, and if I understand your note
correctly to say that you paid less than $35 for that, I'd be very careful
about driving the car far from a source of water!

A replacement core of the same quality as original typically costs around
$200, including installation. A better-than-original core (which is what we
recommend, at least for the heat here in NorCal) costs around $300
installed.

For $35, I guessing you just got a boil-out and quick spray of cheap black
paint. (Unless you have some serious clout with the radiator shop!)

Lawrie