Re: Kenlowe Switch & Stoneleigh Show

To: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Kenlowe Switch & Stoneleigh Show
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 09:17:41 -0000
Hi Neil - take it you caught the ferry OK.

I see what you mean now about the stat.  Because the fan sensor is in the
top hose the fans will cut in and out according to the temps there.  However
your gauge sensor is on top of the engine.  The thermostat is between the
two, so once the engine temp gets down to the thermostat closing temp it
will do so, shutting off the supply of hot water to the fan stat, which will
then switch off the fans.  This will happen regardless of how long the fans
are set to run.  You should be able to confirm this by jumpering the fan
stat so that they run continuously, or indeed simply by turning your Kenlowe
stat down to minimum.  You may see the gauge go a little below N, but it
shouldn't be much.

Cheers,
PaulH.