Re: Tall Guy and MGB

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tall Guy and MGB
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 10:10:39 -0800
I totally understand what the problem is, but I don't know if there is a
complete solution. At 6'1" I feel the screen is too short, so that would
indicate you need to improve your relative position by at least 6 inches.
Well, if you lowered the floor by 6 inches it would be 2 inches underground!
Adjusting the seat back angle helps. Replacing the seat bottom foam with a
thinner, denser pad might improve things. A racing seat would be even
thinner, although possibly not as comfortable.

A friend was pondering the possibility of attaching a GT windscreen to a
roadster. He was thinking it would take two custom-fabricated side posts (or
cut and braze them together from two sets), an extended or spliced seal, and
a longer center rod. Since the top frame doesn't contact the screen, the
standard top might even fit if you got a new one and set it up for this
arrangement. Of course, it might look goofy, with the side glass too short,
but perhaps something could be done with GT glass here, too. Just a crazy
thought...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149