Re: Fitting the Paddy Hopkirk pedal

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fitting the Paddy Hopkirk pedal
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 23:48:53 +0000
LBCarCoMail@aol.com wrote:

> It will only work on MGA's and MGB's up to and including 1967.  It
> will not fit on any later MG's as the metal pedal is too large for
> the Paddy Hopkirk to fit on ;(  What a shame too it is such a nice
> pedal.

Hey, I miss out by one year!

;-)

No problems and thanks for the responses.

As long as you have reassured me that I am not going mad then this is
OK.  I have my ways and means of making it fit - I really needed to do
something about that little pedal and the Paddy looked like it.  Now it
*will* be it.

I will let you all know when I get it in and tell you how I did it ;-)
(I don't want to let the cat out of the bag in case I can't get it back
in again :-)

I have just been doing a little fiddling race prep stuff - like getting
my tonneau cover sliced up to fit around the rollbar (with back braces)
... quite a neat design I came up with too.  This will help keep some of
the water out when it rains, seeing as I can't put the top up anymore.

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia