oil cooler hose stuck

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: oil cooler hose stuck
From: "Dan Hackney" <danhackney@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 18:36:52 -0500
hey all,
I'm trying to remove the oil cooler hose (long one) from the engine block.
When I first put a wrench on it, the intermediary piece between the union
and the block loosened, allowing the whole thing to rotate about 250 degrees
before the formed angle in the hose hits the body.  Now I am having one
helluva time getting the union nut seperated from the intermediary piece
(what's the point of this thing anyway?).
Anyone been there done that or have any tricks?
thanks,
-Dan
'72 MGB