MG at Lemans

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG at Lemans
From: Steve Morris <smorris@en.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 23:14:07 -0500
Found this on rec.autos.sports.misc, so I don't know the reliability of
the info. Just passing it on, as I don't recall seeing it on here. If so,
sorry for the redundancy...

Steve

Indianapolis (Jan. 23rd, 2001) British driver Jonny Kane was pleased to
confirm that he has signed a deal with MG to race at Le Mans in their
new MG Lola.

Kane has been racing in America for the last two seasons with Team KOOL
Green in their Indy Lights project.  During this time Jonny won Team
KOOL Green's  first ever race in their Indy Lights racing history and
also took the crown  of Rookie of the Year in 1999.

Jonny is very excited about this new stage in his career and is looking
forward to driving the MG Lola with the new AER two-litre turbo charged
MG Rover engine.  He is confident that he will be able to keep up his
winning streak with the new MG team and help to develop a race-winning
car.

Kane has an impressive history of seven championship titles, including
British Formula Three Champion and the honour of being B.R.D.C. McLaren
Autosport Young Driver of the Year.   He hopes that his partnership with
MG  will flourish and lead to new and exciting opportunities.

JONNY KANE:
"I am very excited about this season.  It has always been one of my
ambitions to race at Le Mans and to make my first appearance at such a
historic event representing MG is fantastic.  There will be a lot to
learn including racing at night, but I love new challenges.  I think the
driver line up and the weight of a British manufacturer such as MG will
be an impressive combination and should produce great results.  I can't
wait to get started on the testing programme."