Re: Odd camshaft wear...

To: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@apk.net>,
Subject: Re: Odd camshaft wear...
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 08:37:12 -0700
I've seen it - but it was with an Isky reground cam. Less than 20000 miles
of use and quite a few lobes were worn away. Isky claimed MG cams are
"soft" underneath the hardened surface or something to that effect and thus
did not make good rebuilds (of course they didn't tell me that before they
reground it). I put in a cam from another engine and now have more than
100,000 miles on it with no evident problems.

David