RE: MG News from Geneva-Reply

To: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MG News from Geneva-Reply
From: "John Scott" <scotty@dove.net.au>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 11:15:13 +1030
On Wednesday, February 28, Neil wrote

>><<
Oh god. Horror of horrors!!!!

>><<huge snip>><<

>><<
A bloody wagon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bitter & twisted,
>><<

Neil,
     I'm going to rain on your parade a smidgen here.

Production of MG-VA cars  from mid 1937 to late 1939 included three known,
Wooden VA estate/shooting brakes. One of which was ordered by Goldie
Gardener.

More recently a one off MG Montego Estate car was used by Martyn Wise and
his team from MG Enthusiast Magazine as a staff car. In September of 1987
Martyn said of the car. Of course we don't pretend it to be anything more
than a badge-engineered design, 'C252 URW' has behaved impeccably during
it's 9.000 miles with us to date. It's sporting image, turn of pace and
amazing carrying and towing abilities prove ideal for our purposes.

(I have a poor picture of this wagon and can scan and e-mail it if anyone
would like to see it.)

Regards

Scotty.
Adelaide, Australia.