Re: MG News from Geneva

To: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG News from Geneva
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:06:55 -0000
MG Rover have been at pains to point out that the MG variants are *not* just
a badge engineering exercise - and gone on to slag off the
Metro/Maestro/Montego much to my annoyance.  They were the most
re-engineered MG variants of lesser vehicles of any since and including
Kimbers day, and sold many times more than BL ever expected.  If these are
even more engineered to be MGs then so much the better, but slagging off
previous variants may just upset potential purchasers, of whom I could be
one.  Having got rid of our kids a few years ago, and the boring saloon
replaced with a factory V8, we are now at the point of requiring four seats
again the ferry our grandaughter around.  Adding the ZS with the KV6 to my
'fleet' is a possibility, except that it is a bit flash for me.  And
considering the number of car-jackings going these days now that new cars
are so much harder to steal without the keys it is likely to be a prime
candidate.

PaulH.