Wiring basics

To: "'MG Mail list'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wiring basics
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 12:21:56 -0000
Hi all,

I've been trying to repair a few bad connections on my V8. Too say I am
_hopeless when it comes to electrical repairs is an severe understatement!
<G>

I have been trying to use crimp on type connectors but am finding that these
just drop off after a while and hardly feel secure even if they do manage to
stay together.

Can someone give me some advice as in what to look for? I am - joining two
wires together, joining two wires into one, using spade type connectors here
and there etc.

The only way I can see is to solder the joints but my local parts shops only
carry these crappy crimp on items. Is there better connectors out there or do
the pros use these things?

Cheers,
Neil