Re: 44 Degrees!!!!!!

To: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>
Subject: Re: 44 Degrees!!!!!!
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 00:13:28 -0500
-15?  -15???

Why, uhp here in New Hamster we DREAM of seeing -15.  Why, it's cold enuf
that spit freezes afore it leaves yore lips.  Ah keep mah MG inside (where
we live at a warm 50 degrees above zero, when the fireplace's working), and
ah can drive it out the garage door and to the store, but I have to leave
it running or I'd never get it back.

An' even then, it don't compare to my '72 VW bug.  Drove it up to Canada on
a beer run on the coldest day of that year (around 1983) - tailpipe was
broken.  Unfortunately the bug recirculates heat by wrapping on the
tailpipe, so the net effect was that the exhaust got blown in the
car.  This forced us to lower the windows on the coldest day of the year,
coupled with the fact that we had no heat to start with (recirc system
having been broken).

And yore a'whinin' about -15.  Hah!  Why, I remember....