Re: Okay, so no one watched the race

To: The MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Okay, so no one watched the race
From: "Brinkman, Gerardo V" <GB127167@exchange.DAYTONOH.NCR.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 10:57:52 -0500
>   ...and no turbo!  The last time we saw 2L engines in F1 they made
>over 1000bhp -- but that was with the help of a little (read: a lot) of
>boost!

Actually they had to be 1.5L turbo or 3.0L normally aspirated. BMW in the
early '80s had an estimated 1400hp (their dyno only went to 1200hp) from
their turbo 1.5L F1 engine which took Piquet to a world championship. This
was based on a PRODUCTION 4-cyl block straight off the assembly line.

Makes our 1.8L "B" series look rather puny in comparison !!!!!

gerry