Re: Okay, so no one watched the race-Reply

To: Dave Wood <dwood143@home.com>
Subject: Re: Okay, so no one watched the race-Reply
From: James Nazarian Jr <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 09:37:05 -0700
On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 08:08:54AM -0800, Dave Wood profoundly declared:
> James,
>
> I caught that also.  How much danger to the other cars and onlookers would a
> thrown rod cause at 23 or 24 thousand rpm?

I doubt that at this point it makes much difference from 14k to 24k.  It's
gonna be a missile either way you look at it, but I see your point.

>I thought that either Toyota or
> Honda was testing an engine that ran at 20, 22 thousand rpm for this year.
> There was some talk about it last year on Speedvision.  The F1 cars sound
> more like turbines that piston engines already.

I hadn't heard that,  but I wouldn't be to surprised.

--
James Nazarian Jr
71 MGB roadster

A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have
   evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.