Re: SU Adjustments (LONG!) was: Float Height Issue

To: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Subject: Re: SU Adjustments (LONG!) was: Float Height Issue
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 18:41:11 -0600
Dave Munroe wrote:

> I think this discussion is valuable, as it really brings together various
> levels of theoretical and practical experience, and we all will go away
> richer for it. The SU is magnificent for its incredible range of
> adjustability in its simplicity. I have marvelled at the chutzpah of the
> Bros. Skinner to tackle what must have been  a formidable engineering
> challenge in their day to mass produce those multi-station needles to the
> nearest thou. Just amazing.

I totally agree.  The dynamic operations achieved by these precision
machines, and machines that frequently receive ZERO maintenance
for years, is just incredible.  They produce mechanical solutions to
problems that we today use electronics and silicon 'maps' to solve.
  Cheers to SU (Sutter Union?)!

--
Rick Lindsay
Diamond Geoscience Research