Re: Invitation to join the MGB mailinglist!

To: barneymg@ntsource.com, mgs@autox.team.net
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 16:35:09 EST
In a message dated 13/03/01 1:03:38 PM Pacific Standard Time,
barneymg@ntsource.com writes:

> On this list your "4 wheel disc braked double
> overhead cam 7000 rpm screamer" is a rare exception to the breed.  I can't
> imagine what you may have in common with the rest of us.  There is a Twin
> Cam list by now, isn't there?

I have in common a love of MGs - not hard to fathom, surely. There is indeed
a Twincam list, to which I contribute frequently, often in a technical vein.
I enjoy this list for it's more general content. You didn't happen to miss my
little 'smiley' did you? Just wondering from the solemn tone of your response.

In case it passed you by, the post was largely in jest, although the basic
thoughts are quite true - I very much prefer the earlier cars to the later
ones; the further you get from the original concept as a sports car, the less
interested I become. Can't you just hear someone of the 'old school' saying
the same thing about those new-fangled post-war TCs compared to their
purebred prewar overhead cam models?

Bill
2 Twincams, 1 Mk2 Deluxe Coupe, 1 MGC
lots of Jensens, and with luck, soon 1 Lambo Islero!

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list