Re: [SPOILER] Malaysian F1 Grand Prix

To: "James Nazarian Jr" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>,
Subject: Re: [SPOILER] Malaysian F1 Grand Prix
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 14:11:59 -0500
James Nazarian Jr wrote:

> I agree,  that was some of the best racing that I have seen in years.
> The best racing always happens mid-pack, but since the big guns
> are usually in front we miss that on TV.  It was great to watch
> Verstappen, Hakkinen, Ralf, and Frentzen battle it out.  Hopefully this
> will be a sign of things to come, that everybody is starting to hang in
> competition.

Hakkinen?  I think the next time we'll see any great racing from someone
named Hakkinen is when the new born Hugo starts in F1 in 20 years.

Anyone figure out what Ferrari's contraption on the brakes is?  Best I can
figure (sorry Rory if I guess right) is that the devise houses an impeller,
driven by the air incoming from the brake duct.  The impeller then acts to
cool the brakes more efficiently by blowing the air onto them, or by sucking
the hot air and brake dust away and shooting it out through a rear outlet
(which is why we saw the tremendous amount of brake dust all over the
sidepods of the Ferraris at Australia).

To me the race was okay, qualifying (well the last 15 minutes that
Speedvision actually had a feed!) was much more exciting for me.  Rueben's
charge from 18th to win last year at Hokkenhiem was the better race to me.
And I think Ruebens needs to stop hanging around Jacques in the off season
;-)  somewhere he has picked up too much aggression, he is even pulling an
Eddie Irvine and making comments about his M.Schumacher's driving.  What
else?  Oh yes, Ron Dennis needs to shut his arse up and accept he has a
second rate car right now.  Eddie Irvine needs to accept that he's nearly
finished his F1 career.

Kai

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list