Off topic posts, was: Re: Malaysian Grand Prix?

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Subject: Off topic posts, was: Re: Malaysian Grand Prix?
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 16:13:49 -0600
Hello all,
   I'd just like to make a quick comment.  I have been hammering the
list with Formula One posts in the hopes that some of you would
express some interest in racing.  Yes, I have been a little noisy
about it and that is wrong.  I apologize to those I have offended.
   Here is a question I would like to ask because it comes up on the
Ferrari list from time to time -- usually just after a wave of new
subscribers have come onboard.  What is the purpose of this list?
Is it for the exchange of MG only information?  Technical topics?
Racing topics?  Repair topics?  Cars for sale?  Or is it perhaps a place
where a bunch of like-minded motorheads enjoy hanging out and
telling old war stories -- be they about MGs, hard-to-get parts,
obsolete distributor tuning or perhaps even racing?  I am here for
all of the above.  I love machines and because racing is the ultimate
test of machines, I love racing -- and Formula One, to most minds,
is the ultimate form of racing.
   So, my point here is simply this; Do you want me to take my
racing interests back to the Ferrari list and quit buggering your
mailboxes with notes that you don't care about or are you perhaps
intrigued by the limits of what a motorcar can actually be?  I and my
posts will abide by you opinions.

Respectfully,

Rick Lindsay

"Kai M. Radicke" wrote:

> > Go ahead and flame me. I'm ready.  I've been on this list for over a
> > year and occasionally contribute, albiet on MG related topics.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Brian
>
> Personally, I think F1 threads are less offensive list content then 50% of
> the other shit people post here.  At least, F1 is a subject that involves
> four wheeled internal combustion engined vehicles.  However, it is off topic
> and I will agree with you on that.
>
> And while we're comparing seniority and statistics, I've been here since
> 1995 and contributed much more then than I do now.  Why?  The list has gone
> to crap.  My solution?  I bought a Triumph...
>
> Kai

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list