RE: Off topic posts, was: Re: Malaysian Grand Prix?

To: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>, "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Subject: RE: Off topic posts, was: Re: Malaysian Grand Prix?
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 15:24:52 -0700
> What is the purpose of this list?

MG discussion, hence the name.

>Is it for the exchange of MG only information?

Basically.

>Technical topics?

MG related.

>Racing topics?

MG related.

>Repair topics?

MG related.

>Cars for sale?

MG cars.

>Or is it perhaps a place where a bunch of like-minded motorheads enjoy hanging
>out and telling old war stories

Nope.

> -- be they about MGs, hard-to-get parts, obsolete distributor tuning or
>perhaps even racing?

MG related.

>I love machines and because racing is the ultimate
>test of machines, I love racing -- and Formula One, to most minds, is the
>ultimate form of racing.

I agree, but this is not the topic of this list.

>   So, my point here is simply this; Do you want me to take my racing
>interests back to the Ferrari list and quit buggering your
>mailboxes with notes that you don't care about or are you perhaps intrigued by
>the limits of what a motorcar can actually be?

There is another possibility.  Contact Mark Bradakis.  I bet he would start
another list just like this one for spectator racing
discussions.  At my request he started an MGB V8 list.  The MGB V8 list was
started for the very reasons you had to write this
message; it became apparent the V8 discussion wasn't "appropriate" for this MG
list.

Don't go away ... certainly don't go away mad.

Larry Hoy

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list