Re: Cam Removal and cam timing question

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Subject: Re: Cam Removal and cam timing question
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 22:08:39 -0700
Cool, but it kinda sucks as well since I pulled the oil pan the first
time... Wish I had known that two years ago.

So you pull it till it gets stuck, twist till it goes by and pull
again?

You do have to pull the distributor drive though right?  (The tappets
would go without saying I would expect...)

Barney Gaylord wrote:

> Think again.  Many of us have already done it, and recently so stated on
> this list.  The base circle of the cam lobe is smaller than the root
> diameter of the cam gear, so all you have to do is rotate the cam so the
> tip of the cam lobe will go past the oil pump drive gear rather than
> hitting it.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list