Re: 70 MGBGT - Fuel Pump

To: Gary Davis <GDAVIS@gp.usbr.gov>
Subject: Re: 70 MGBGT - Fuel Pump
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@khoral.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 09:53:15 -0700 (MST)
On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Gary Davis wrote:

> I believe I hear my fuel pump "clicking" while sitting at stoplights -
> the same clicking noise you hear when you first turn the key and
> before you crank.  It clicks once about every five seconds.  Is it on
> its way out?  It may be the original fuel pump, but I really don't
> have a clue.

It's supposed to do that.  It does it all the time, you just can't hear it
when you're driving down the road.  When you hear it start clicking really
fast, you're about to run out of fuel.  :)  Guess how I know that!

--
Kevin Sullivan             kevins@khoral.com
Khoral Research Inc.

1968 Dodge W-200 Crewcab "PW"    www.khoral.com/staff/kevins/dodge