Re: Help with jackstands.

To: Chris Thompson <ct@cthompson.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help with jackstands.
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 08:58:05 -0800 (PST)
Chris, re: the jack - make sure it goes up pretty high. When I put my '65
B on my jackstands, I actually had to put a block of wood on the end of
the jack to get it up high enough to put the stands under the rear end
(jack under differential pumpkin, stands under where the axle meets the
springs). In the front, I put jack under front cross member (centered) and
the stands under the A-arms. This gives me enough room to crawl under the
car, although I wish I had another six inches so I could move a little
easier (but I also have a big nose <G>). Although when the spider crawled
out of the rear brake drum, I was able to get out from under PDQ!!!

Oh, I didn't have a problem doing one end then the other. I just chocked
whichever end I was not doing first, on both sides of both tires.

=====
Dan DiBiase
Dayton, NJ
'76 MGB Tourer Driver