RE: F1, opinions and a solution (long-ish

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: F1, opinions and a solution (long-ish
From: Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:14:36 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Larry Hoy wrote (and I cleaned):

> Don't change the subject line on your messages.  I know this is more
> difficult when responding to a message that is read in the
> digest version of this list (you might try cutting and pasting the
> subject line).  But when responding to the "traditional" message,

Ok first thing first:  Larry, your email program is not correctly
wrapping text at 72(ish) columns.  Not a big deal, but made the reply
annoying, as I had to clean it up a wee bit.

Now, to the real message...

Those of you on digest mode, You should be able to do as larry said
above and dump the 1 or 2 messages into another mailbox.  Further, you
should be able to break the digest message up into lots of little
messages so that they are easier to read/delete/reply to.  I know
Outhouse Egress on the Macintosh can do this (though I have never
tried).  Further, I am sure that procmail on UNIX can do it too, for
those of you that are enlightened to using Mutt/Pine/elm :)  As for
other clients, look at the filtering rules, especially rules designed
for lists.

If you want help on *NIX based solutions, I can set my subscription to
digest and create recipes for procmail[1].  If you use Eudora/Outhouse/some
other wussy client I dont use :), you are on your own!

Filtering is A Good Thing.

I sent this message to the list because there is no other way to reach
the digest subscriptions with this bounty of information.  Please
reply privately if you want more morsels.

[1]:  If you couldn't tell already, I am a unix weenie.

--
Aaron Whiteman - aaronw@wsu.edu - email with subject 'PGPKey' for pgpkey
   RCW 19.190 notice: This address is located in Washington State.

///