RE: Noisy gearbox? on 69 MGB

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Noisy gearbox? on 69 MGB
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 17:22:54 -0700
>I believe on the 67 the angle drive is not behind the speedo but is
attached at the transmission end of the cable.

Ya know I think Max is right.

However it sounds like from your original post you may have one on your
speedo????

New suggestion.  Take the angle drive off the transmission, and any
angle drives you might find on the speedo ... throw any, or all of them
in the S.F. Bay.  Replace the speedo cable with the long one.

I just read your message for the third time, I find it hard to believe
you can hear a noisy angle drive that is attached to the transmission
from the cockpit of the car.

Larry Hoy
PS When I removed my angle drive I couldn't stand throwing it away, so I
sold it (mine was in perfect shape) on eBay for $25, it wasn't you that
bought it was it?

 There is a lot of room (well, relatively) behind the 62-67 dash to
route the cable without
>kinking. Where the extra length is needed is to approach the
transmission
>connection with a wide radius bend.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list