fitting new top

Subject: fitting new top
From: =?windows-1255?Q?=EE=F8=E8=E9=EF_=F8=E5=E2=E5=E1=E9=EF?=
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 19:18:01 +0200
I finally got around to the final bits of fitting my new convertible top.
two questions:

1)(very newbie) I have purchased a cheap pop-rivet tool and some rivets to
install the chrome slots for the tongue fasteners (just behind the doors).
I have seen rivets installed, but have never done this myself.  Any hints?
(other than the obvious 'practice on something disposable before you ruin
your MGB')

2)attaching hood to header bar - I have a new rubber header bar-to-winshield
rubber seal, as well as the metal strip that holds that seal in place.  the
strip attaches to the header bar with rivets, apparently.  the hood material
should go between the two?  or is it only attached higher up with adhesive?
Are the rivets suffucient to hold the fabric permanently to the header bar,
or should I use adhesive as well?

(the hood is a stayfast canvas top from prestige - all snaps and such
installed, except for the header bar, of course.)
thanks,
Martin.
(installing the top now that the rainy season in Israel is over until next
November)

A person needs only three tools: WD-40, duct tape,
and a BFH (Big F****** Hammer)
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40.
If it moves and it shouldn't, use the tape.
If it doesn't work, hit it with the hammer.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.