Re: help: axle fill plug...

To: "Evangelos G. Makris" <egmakris@otenet.gr>, "MG"
Subject: Re: help: axle fill plug...
From: "Rick Astley" <ricka@mich.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:27:56 -0500
Evangelos:
I had the same problem, I even tried rotating it with a cold chisel.
Eventually I used an air wrench, like the ones tire shops use on wheels
nuts, and found the square drive went someway into the taper in the filler
plug. I operated the air wrench trigger while pushing it's 1/2 in square
drive hard into the plug. The fact that the clutch on the air wrench was
banging like an impact driver seemed to provide hundreds of short term high
torque taps to the plug and it just started to move. It worked for me
anyway.

If you don't have an air wrench maybe your friendly tire shop would try the
same technique on a slow business day.
Rick