RE: "Frozen" MGB-GT

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: "Frozen" MGB-GT
From: "Phil Vanner" <philv@pclink.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 17:20:11 -0600
I've heard of something like this, but it would be more suited to the short
duration of an autocross run than a rally, I would think. The ice has to be
replenished pretty often.

I wondered, when I heard of this, how much denser the fuel/air mixture in
the cylinder would really be as a result of being mixed with chilled gas. I
would expect that you have already limited how much O2 you have in the
charge by trying to draw the air past the air filter and carb throat. I
suppose it would help if the ports were really your limiting factor. (which,
in autocross would be in stock classes, where ice cans are disallowed
anyway)

I never have actually seen one though.

Phil Vanner
'61 Midget