RE: "Frozen" MGB-GT

To: "'Dan DiBiase'" <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: "Frozen" MGB-GT
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 15:37:58 -0800
Dan:

        Very common in drag raced cars.  A friend of mine installed one on
their Chevy Nova Bracket Racer.  For short duration power bursts there is a
minor increase in Thermodynamic efficiency.  Some manufacturers use the same
idea to prevent fuel boiling and vapor lock.  The Jaguar Ser III XJ6 has a
fuel cooler tied into the AC system.   I can not imagine what improvement it
would make to a "rally" car.  I would worry what other improvements (?) had
been made.

Kelvin.

> ice box is designed to chill the petrol before it enters the carbs for
> added H.P.
>
> Never heard of this before... Anybody ever try this?

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list