Re: 1500 b-series "thingy" removal

To: MGMagnette@aol.com
Subject: Re: 1500 b-series "thingy" removal
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 00:35:03 -0500
At 12:25 AM 4/3/2001 EDT, MGMagnette@aol.com wrote:
>On the crank shaft pulley, in the front of the engine, is the "crank dog".
 I got the engine out. .... How do I get that "crank dog" off the end there
without the engine turning over?

Remove clutch cover.  Install two medium length bolts in the flywheel.  Use
a long tire iron or pipe as a lever between those bolts to keep the
crankahsft from turning while you wrench out the crank nut at the front.
You may need an extra hand to hold the engine down while you do this, but
if it's on an engine stand you can just brace the rear lever against the
mounting bracket.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg