Re: MGB windshield-frame to body sealer.

To: "Charley & Peggy Robinson" <ccrobins@ktc.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB windshield-frame to body sealer.
From: "Mark and kathy LaPierre" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 14:01:07 -0500
Hi Charlie,
   I have done this several times to As and Bs.  And it is more of a
precautionary measurement more than anything.   My A needed it more than the
Bs because of the  more curvaciosness(?) of the body.  Anyway wouldn't you
feel better if you went ahead and sealed this area and never had a leak
rather than not seal and have it leak.
   I use the low volatile silicone clear seal in the large caulking gun tube
which you can really get deep up inside the weather strip so it is not
squeezed out as easily.  Easy does it! Too much is not always better.  Wipe
off any extra as well as possible it will dry clear but tends to be very
shiny and of course you can't paint over it at all. So just use precaution.
   As far as bedding the new seal, I would let it sit in position over night
or as long as necessary then lift the seal gently with thin knife or
whatever, and insert the silicone as far in as possible and lightly press.
Let dry over night.  Do the same to the side post pieces.

Good Luck,   Mark