Re: Weber DGV's in MGB's

To: Konrad Crist <crscapps@aol.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weber DGV's in MGB's
From: George <aigel.geo@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:51:19 -0700 (PDT)
> Without being criticized too badly ... does anyone have any helpful,
> specific tuning and setup advice (or links, references, etc.) concerning
> getting a Weber DGV carburettor working properly on a '72 MGB? I am
> rebuilding the HIFs and will run the weber this year. (I am curious to
> see
> the difference between them.)

As others noted, the weber will probably not be a performance enhancement
but it is appreciated for easy mainainance by many.

Problems that might occur lie in the manifold to head interface. The
aluminium manifolds for the webers sometimes are thicker or thinner than
the cast exhaust manifolds. The washers that hold both down together need
to be level. You sometimes have to grind off material either on the intake
or exhaust manifold to get the washers to press down level on both...

Other than that the conversion is straight forward and the weber is a
great and easy set up carb.

George
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

///