Re: Club Membership

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Club Membership
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 11:52:25 +0000

Barney Gaylord wrote:

> Yup, that's a pretty large "local" club by anyone's standards.  Just
> that  it doesn't sound exactly "local".

Thanks guys but just on Barney's point, even though the club is a
'State-wide' club, remember our geography here - much of our State is
desert where there aren't many people (or MG owners:-)

I would say that over 90% of our members are metropolitan area (or
near-metro area) based and our metropolitan area is TINY compared to
somewhere like Chicago.

The point of all this was that I was amazed at the membership but less
so after living here for a few years and seeing the number of MGs (of
all makes, models and colours) on the streets every day.  I am also
pleased to say that we just about fill our clubrooms every second
Tuesday of the month for the monthly meetings and get decent turnouts at
most organised events.

(we had over 150 at our recent AGM - and these are often not the most
attractive activities each year - don't you hate all those reports :-)

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia

///