RE: vintage plates

To: S & M Barnes <barnesms@swbell.net>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: vintage plates
From: &mem;&resh;&tet;&yod;&fnun; &resh;&vav;ℷ&vav;&bet;&yod;&fnun;
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 11:48:42 +0200
Here in Israel any car over 30 years old (my B and I are both 1970 models)
can get vintage plates.
The plates are identical to the standard plates (black numbers on a yellow
background, no letters or custom combinations, though if you know someone
you can sometimes get 'pretty' numbers (symmetrical, matching car's
designation, or such)), but have added the words "collectable car" (rechev
asfanut) either above or to the side of the numbers.
Cars designated as such may not be driven between 7-9 AM in a metropolitan
area (as though anyone checks ;-).
AND, you get a 75% discount on compulsory insurance and inspection fees.
On the other hand, the law also requires that older cars be inspected every
6 months, rather than yearly.
And it never snows here in Tel Aviv, in April or any other month.

R. Martin
70B

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list