Re: Freeze plugs

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Freeze plugs
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 09:21:02 -0700
Thanks for the "plug", Dennis! Seriously, I was with you until you whacked
it in the middle with the hammer. I assume you are talking about the convex
type with no rim. I believe I was using a sawed-off table leg to tap them in
(if it's tapered, you just saw it off at the point where it's the exact
diameter you need -- very handy, until you spill your coffee when you forget
and lean your elbow on the table). Anyway, I just tapped it in until it was
solid, then added a whack for good measure, but didn't get with the ball
peen. I can see how there might be a certain "touch" demanded there...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

///