Apology, was: Re: Guage rebuilds

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Apology, was: Re: Guage rebuilds
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 08:28:51 -0500
Gentlemen and Ladies,
   I apologize for ever posting about gauge rebuilds.  Hell, given
all the hate mail generated, you'd think I had asked about last
weekend's F1 race!  With regard to spelling, the Internet has
promoted an environment where slang, shorthand, spelling and
grammar is generally disregarded -- for better or <probably>
worse.  IMHO, k?  ;-)
   With regard to the mean spirited posts, I find them typical of
written electronic communication.  It is a medium where one can
boldly assault with no fear of recrimination.  Not healthy and
certainly the down-side of this wonderful tool.
   And while we're NOT on the topic, the only gauge that didn't
respond to my restoration treatment is the oil pressure gauge --
the NLA one. :-P  The active element is electrically 'open' due to a
broken heater wire wound around the bi-metal strip.   Professional
rebuilds start at about US$100.  Before I go that route, I will
attempt a repair on my own.  If the heater wire is damaged beyond
repair, I'm still US$100 away from a fresh service.

With respect,
--
Rick Lindsay
Diamond Geoscience Research