Re: Please stop: Spelling GRAMMAR!!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Please stop: Spelling GRAMMAR!!
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 09:59:12 EDT
In a message dated 4/17/01 9:51:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Ajhsys@aol.com
writes:

<< In a message dated 4/16/01 8:44:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
 hlub34a@aeroinc.net writes:

 > While we are on a related topic to spelling ..how about the continued
 > MISUSE of  (     it's....)

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 AARRGGHH!!!!   Here we go!  Anything else we should do whilst posting?
Maybe
 we should give a test before allowing anyone to join the list!  ;-) >>

I must agree with Alan.  I am an editor by profession, and by involuntary
reflex some of what I read on the list makes me wince.  However, I have never
said a word--except as a joke when the mistake made the message say something
else, and that something else seemed funny.  I never said anything because
the point of this list is information transfer, not an exercise in typing
accuracy and literacy.  Come on, give it a rest and stick to the topic.
Please?

Jay Donoghue
72B
72B-GT (flat tire yesterday ARRRGGGH)
66 Mustang--shooting gas vertically out of its Holley.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list