RE: still having troubles

To: cmvanmaanen@hetnet.nl, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: still having troubles
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:32:00 -0400
Hi Rene,

Did you measure the pressure of each cyl.?
Looks like not all cyl's are running well, so check if all sparkplugs really
are working.
The irregular idling  indicates the engine propably is not using all it's
cylinders.

If it's the 3-4 carb, you can visually look into the venturi, where the jet
should generate a kind of fuel spray sucked into the inlet manifold.
If the front carb shows this and the other not - the 3-4 carb is starving.
Check the float chamber.

Pinging sound may derive from vibration of the engine itself, while it runs
irregularly.

Underpressure: put some little oil in cyl 3 and later 4.
This may give some smoke, but also will force higher presure when piston
rings are faulty.

Good luck.

Just have had my engine tuned.
Have to collect the BGT now.