Re: breather hookup for Weber

To: Carl W French <cfrench@cybertours.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: breather hookup for Weber
From: George <aigel.geo@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 09:36:53 -0700 (PDT)
> On the 80 I am putting back together it has a DGV but the breather from
> the
> front side cover is not hooked up to it. I can feel the hole there
> should
> be some kind of connection part but nothing is there. does anyone know
> of a
> source for little things like that. Or, does anyone have a good idea
> what
> to do with the hose. I hope I am getting all terms right, I am new to
> this
> set-up.

Carl:

Sounds like the intake breather for the PCV system. It is located there so
the crankcase will get filtered air through the webers air filter. What do
you have in the weber lid now? A rubber hose? A plastic fitting or plain
nothing? Well, either way, the breather side hose of the PCV needs to be
connected to this. If you are missing the weber parts you can buy a new
air cleaner which is probably overkill unless yours is old and ugly
anyway. Just go to your parts bin or the hardwarestore and find a few
things that will work.

George
http://auctions.yahoo.com/

///