Pet names, reprise

To: Jon <a77mgb@yahoo.com>, mgs list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pet names, reprise
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:22:37 -0500
Hi Gang,
   I did not mean for my note regarding pet names for
cars to sound negative or degrading.  I'm sorry if anyone
took it that way.  Hell, they're your cars.  Call them what
you want.  I just don't name my cars -- for better or
worse.
   Actually, and this will be the end of it for me, I also
don't use personalized 'vanity' license plates, install
catchy front license plates that say things like "Bobby &
Suzie" or "Lone Wolf",  nor do I have neon undercarriage
lights, hold hands with my wife while strolling the mall,
enjoy preening my lawn for the benefit of the neighbors,
spend countless hours playing with pets or -- name my
cars.   Perhaps I am a heartless ba$tard?!
   I DO enjoy my cars though.  They are the great escape
from the stresses of work.  The MG is the most 'static'
fun.  It's great to work on and has been the source of
hours of father-son togetherness time.   My 308GTB is
the most 'dynamic' personal fun.  Enough said about that.
Our BMW 1602 rallye race car will be the most 'dynamic'
fun car that is shared with my driver.
   ...and the MGS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET is a mighty fine
group of informed friends.  Thanks!

--