Re: Brake light Oh no...I'm overheating!

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake light Oh no...I'm overheating!
From: "swillis" <swillis@premiernet.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 18:54:12 -0500
OK I deduced it was the switch giving me no brake lights. When I short the
wires the brake lights come on. That hydraulic switch for the MGA look like a
bear to exchange. Any easy tips? I hate bleeding the system, but it looks like
I'll have to after putting the new switch in.

On another front...I drove my car to a show today only to go about 25 mile at
60 mph and overheat, just as I was bragging about the temp gauge. My newly
rebuilt MGA engine went well over 130! I didn't know the gauge went that far.
I pulled over, let it cool off. Some friendly Boznian stopped and offered to
beat on my engine with a hammer. He spoke no english and his friend said "GOOD
MECHANIC". No offence, but he wacked the thermostat elbo twice before I could
get the hammer away. I told him how I cracked the last elbo and that I'll just
take the thermostat out. They drove off. Thank God. It's hard to say no to
helpful folks. It cooled and we made it to a town with water. I filled er up
and drove home at 200 degrees. It was running at 180-190 before today and it
was only 70 degrees and of course raining.

Now I'm getting ready to fire her up to see if there is water in the oil. I
hope not.

Oh yeah Mark,Paul does have some Austin H. 3000 shrouds and a OD tranny. Kinda
rough but useable. British motor Cars, LTD
270-825-2994. It will take them a while to find the parts. Be patient. He
laughed when I aske if they were NOS. I also thought
it funny when I asked.

Cheers,
Scott
59 MGA