Re: Clutch bleed problems ...

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch bleed problems ...
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 10:11:27 -0700
First question, why were you bleeding the clutch? Had you installed new
components, or had you experienced a "soft" pedal that needed to be pumped
up?

If the former, which components were replaced? If you didn't replace the
master, slave, and the flex hose together, then the one(s) you didn't
replace is/are probably the culprit(s).

If the latter, then presumably some of the above-named components have
failed. The statement that the fluid level in the master cylinder did not
diminish suggests that the flex hose has failed -- they often do so by
swelling internally until no fluid can pass. But from experience, I can
state that if one of the components is faulty, the others are very likely to
also be on their last legs, and might as well be renewed at the same time,
to avoid having to got through the bleeding process again.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

///